- 1/2 a chicken shredded
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 tsp curry
- 1 stalk of chopped almost minced celery
- handful of chopped cilantro
what do you make when you have left over chicken other then matzoh ball soup (stay tuned for that one)…curried chicken salad:-)
this is one of my favorite recipes to make with leftover chicken. i usually wrap it in lettuce instead of bread which makes it refreshing and for a very light dinner. today i ran out of fridge space (whole foods trip) so i started my stock this afternoon while p slept, that recipe to come. it will be sitting in my fridge till friday, i’m off tomorrow:-D
my recipe for this salad is very simple and very yummy. for those of you that think curries are to spicy, there not. curry blends include coriander, turmeric, cumin and fenugreek. most contain hot red pepper which is what makes it hot. i used a mild curry tonight, what i usually use if i am making some kind of curry dish. i find if you use a mild version, you can always add kick to it.
- first thing’s first, shred the chicken.
- in a separate bowl mix the mayo and curry together, it makes for combining easier (for the posting of this recipe i added everything to the bowl in sections so you can see).
- add mayo mix, chopped celery and cilantro to chicken and mix.
i made mine earlier today because i like to let it sit for a bit in the fridge so the flavors can marinate.
you can serve this on bread or crackers, i like to serve it in lettuce wraps.