- 1 potato a person, i used 2, cut bite size
- 1 pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic smashed and minced
- butter (about a tbl and a half)
- fresh herbs, parsley and cilantro work really well
- salt and pepper to taste
having breakfast for dinner is one of our favorite things. eggs, potatoes, some toast, you just can’t go wrong. we don’t do this often however, i really get sucked into recipes sometimes and i tend to not let go.
last night was different. i spent an hour in my garden weeding, eating peas from the pod (kids are going to be pissed) picking tons of lettuce and cleaning up some overgrown radishes. when i finally came back in i realized the time, and then i realized i had nothing prepared.
the kids were sleeping, stella was goofing off with a toy and i grabbed the eggs. the one side i love to eat with eggs, potatoes. not just any potatoes…potatoes cooked with onions and peppers, fresh herbs and garlic. potatoes that are soft in the middle and crunchy on the outside. this is one of my favs, get out the butter and just enjoy.
- in a saute pan, melt about a tbl of butter. when melted and bubbling add onion, garlic and peppers, cook for about 2-3 minutes and then add potatoes.
- cook on a medium flame to potatoes turn a golden color, about 10 minutes, add the fresh herbs and cook 2-3 minutes more. i like to give it a taste to make sure the potatoes have cooked to my liking, sometimes an extra 5 minutes is worth the wait.
serve with eggs, serve with steak, serve this with anything, this is heaven. i love breakfast for dinner.
don’t forget to sign up for the giveaway. 2 more days!