- 3 sliced of bacon
- about 2 tbl butter
- 10 eggs
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1 tbl dijon mustard
- 1 scallion chopped finely
- 1 tsp tarragon
- a pinch of ground pepper
why hello there lover…yeah, i’m talking to the bacon (and the eggs).
i’m speechless today. i am. i really am. can you imagine? me, speechless? there is too much pressure today. way too much.
my husband’s pacing, my kids don’t know what to do with themselves because they are waiting for people to arrive. me, i’m hiding out in the kitchen (not unusual). it’s the safest space for me to be right now.
while i’m hiding out i decided to post one last super bowl recipe. you have 3 hours till it starts so technically you still have time to make one more dish. really, you do.
so with out further ado, the recipe.
bacon deviled eggs adapted from bon appetit
to prep: add 10 eggs to a pot. cover with water. bring to a boil. cover, take off burner and let them sit for 10 minutes. set them in ice water and prepare the rest. get ready to make the best deviled egg recipe ever.
- peel and half you eggs. put yolks in a bowl and set aside.
- while the above is happening. get 3 slices of bacon. chop them up and cook till brown. turn off the heat. spoon all those bacon pieces out. you need 2tbl of fat so if you think you might not have enough, i didn’t, add butter to make it 2 tbl. let this cool off and prepare the rest.
- in a bowl mash the yolks and add bacon fat, mayo, mustard, scallions, tarragon and pepper, mash some more and mix it all together.
- if you are like me and have piping tools in your house (still not sure why i have them), pipe the egg mixture into the eggs. if you do not have piping tools use a zip lock bag. empty mixture into bag, snip off a tip and there you go.
- top with cooked bacon and a sprinkle of paprika.