- about 3 cups of tomato sauce
- 15oz container of ricotta cheese
- 8oz of spinach (you can use frozen)
- 1/2 lemon zested
- 1/2 cup parm + more to top
- handful of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
i’m a big fan of lasagna.
i don’t make it often. let’s face it, now a days, i just don’t have the time.
let me let you in on a food yenta secret. i use no cook noodles. don’t laugh. ok, well you could laugh, just please don’t leave.
for a busy mom of 2 running 2 websites (yeah, i got 2. if you are a car lover or know someone who is go check it out, a little shameless promotion can’t hurt) and volunteering for everything sometimes you just need to take a short cut. i’m queen of the short cut. ok maybe not queen but i rank pretty high up there. i love no boil noodles. it makes one of my favorite recipes even easier to make. trust me, it’s easier.
no boil noodles have come a long way. i wont lie, they used to be a little gummy and a little weird. now, you really can’t tell the difference. i mean, don’t get me wrong, if you make your own noodles you might take some issues with this…but don’t, well, try not to. i’m just a busy mom trying to make a good healthy and simple dinner everyone will enjoy.
this is one of my favorites, i say that often don’t i? but for real, this one, it’s simple, it’s good, the mix of cheese and the addition of lemon zest, genius. did i just call myself a genius? nah, alright maybe a little.
enjoy, go buy yourself some no boil noodles and make a quick lasagna everyone will enjoy.
spinach and 4 cheese lasagna
- into a big bowl scoop ricotta cheese, goat cheese, parm cheese and a small handful of shredded mozzarella cheese. mix and add zest of 1/2 a lemon and spinach, a pinch of salt and a pinch or two of pepper. mix again.
- take your tomato sauce and add about 1.5 cup to bottom of an oven proof bowl, place noodles on top, scoop over cheese. repeat. with this recipe, i got about 2 layers.
- on top, spread out the rest of the sauce, sprinkle with parm and mozzarella cheese.
- bake at 350 for about 45 minutes.
- after 45 minutes take it out and let rest for about 5 or so minutes before you dig in (i know it will be hard).