- 2 slices of bacon chopped
- 1 onion minces
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbl of flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 pound shredded cheddar cheese
- 3.5 oz of goat cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup panko or more
this is not your kiddies mac and cheese folks…
this is for all of you who look at a box of mac and cheese and think…really? why must i eat this…why…(i eat it, i do. and the worst, i eat the leftovers right out of the fridge…just because)!
well listen to me. this is for you. should i bold that? you. this is for you to enjoy.
this is for you to pop in the oven when your kids go to bed. eat it while you read a book, eat it when it’s quiet. eat it with your partner…however you eat it, just enjoy it.
this ain’t your kiddies mac and cheese. this is full of bacon, onions, garlic. it’s crusted on top with panko. it’s unexplainable. it’s the best. it has bacon.
so what are you waiting for? go, run. now.
bacon mac & cheese
- in a dutch oven brown bacon. just when it is about to get crunchy, add the minced onion and garlic. mix. cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- add the butter to the pot and melt, add flour. whisk, keep on whisking. when it all comes together and starts to turn golden add the milk and whisk.
- keep on whisking until all combined. stop whisking, let it come to a low boil and whisk again.
- when milk mixture thickens, turn off stove top and add cheese. whisk.
- pour in cooked pasta and mix.
- sprinkle with some panko, bake at 350 for 30 minutes. if the panko is not brown enough to your liking, broil for a minute.
sit back, relax, and enjoy.