i love anything dried fruit. i do. especially apricots.
the ones from california. sweet. plump. goldeny orange in color, i like things with color.
i can eat them right out of the bag. i can eat them mixed with nuts, dipped in chocolate. sliced over salads and with beets.
sometimes something special happens. sometimes you look around your kitchen and spot white balsamic vinegar. sometimes you can’t help to wonder what would happen if you mix them and let them sit over night. sometimes things really work out….
it takes 2 minutes of prep (see pict above, beautiful). it sits for at least 2 hours (but overnight would be better). it’s worth it. especially if you want to spice up your salads, your lentils, your quinoa, your kale. go for it. make it today and throw something special for dinner together tonight.
- 15 dried apricots julienned
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbl sugar
- slice 15 apricots into matchsticks (the technical term for this would be julienne). add to bowl.
- cover with a 1/4 cup hot water (hot tap water works well)
- mix in 1/2 cup of white balsamic vinegar and 1 tbl of sugar.
- let is sit for at least 2 hours but 6 hours or overnight would be even better.
toss over salad, use as a topping for pizza and use the liquid in salad dressings, have fun with it and enjoy!