- 1 piece of bacon
- 2 links of sausage casings removed
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- handful of parsley chopped
- handful of basil chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 14oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1/2 can chickpeas
- 4 cups of stock
- 1/2 cup pasta
warning, this post consists of my inner thoughts…just because…well, i too have conversations with myself.
around 5 o’clock last night:
oh my gosh what am i going to make for dinner tonight?
you were so worried about thanksgiving you forgot about the week after.
i’ll make this better.
what’s in the pantry? it’s snowing. what the hell, now it’s raining. i’m freezing and i’m not taking off my boots no matter how many times the kids tell me to. pantry, pantry, right.
see i talk to myself with out correct sentence structure.
fridge…celery, onions, oh look, stock.
ok i can do this….
freezer. freeezzzzzer…hhhhhmmmm…wow this is old…when the hell did i even make this? ah ha! sausage.
ok, just throw it all into a pot. pot, ok, bacon, stop. ok, bacon. oh. my. gosh.
see where this going?
cause sometimes i gotta throw everything into a pot soup
- chop bacon and add it to a pot with sausage. brown. add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. cook till onions become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- to pot add parsley and basil. mix, add wine. cook down till about 3/4 of it had evaporated.
- add tomatoes, chick peas (eat the rest of the can because i know you want to) and stock. bring to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes or until carrot is cooked. bring temperature back up to a boil and add pasta, lower flame and cook for another 15 minutes covered, but stirring occasionally, or until pasta is cooked.
serve with warm crusty bread, a scoop of pesto and a big salad.