yesterday i offered you some swank for your holiday…today i continue by offering you another great recipe that will get your taste buds going.
not just any bread. pure mountain sells flavored salt too.
salt is another obsession of mine…
how can you walk through a store and pass by that?
you can’t. it’s not possible. just not.
the best part is getting home and opening up this container. holy goodness batman.
sure you can sprinkle it over pasta, rice, use it to marinate steak…but how amazing would bread be?
need i say more? really? bread making with bacon salt and butter olive oil? this is dangerous…dangerously good.
smoked bacon and chipotle salt bread with butter olive oil
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbl butter flavored olive oil
- 1 tbl sugar
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tbl non fat dried milk
- 1 tbl gluten
- 2 tsp smoked bacon chipotle salt
- 2 tsp SAF yeast
- follow your bread maker instructions and start by adding wet ingredients first followed by dry (or follow the ingredient list above).
- set your machine on dough. press start.
- when bread machine is done, take out dough and place in a greased loaf pan and cover with a towel. let it rise for another hour.
- bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
let it cool, slice and dive in…
don’t be surprised when you taste this…what you taste is a warm buttery mix with a hint of bacon, it’s not over-powering, it’s very mild. for more of the bacon taste, try sprinkling the salt over the unbaked dough.
the butter flavored oil and the smoked bacon chipotle sea salt are available at pure mountain. click on the links to order or ask for it when you go in (and don’t forget the code for 10% off, look below)
• • •
you can find pure mountain olive oil here:
11 north broadway • tarrytown, ny
or find them on the web here: pure mountain olive oil
the code “swankyolive” can be used online and in the store
ps…i wan’t paid for this post, all of this is purely my opinion and the 10% off is a gift for everyone.