- 1 pound of chopped meat
- 1 shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 eggs
- handful of panko
- fresh chopped basil and parsley
- a tbl of parm cheese (optional)
today we took a moment of silence.
it’s been a week and i still find myself crying at the pictures, the parents faces…for the town.
i find myself not turning on the tv, avoiding the news, staying clear of the conversation.
i’ve hugged him a lot this week. i find myself just playing with his hair as we cuddle and i listen to him read his books.
i can hear his voice in my head during the couple hours he is at school…
“ma, stop touching my hair”
“ma, you just hugged me come on”
he has no clue and i would like to keep it that way.
comfort food. here it equals things we love. dishes that make us feel good. meals that bring smiles to their faces and giggles with every bite.
today i take a moment of silence.
i wish you all peace and love over the next couple days.
happy holidays from us to you…
- in a big bowl mix all the ingredients and shape into balls.
- take a skillet and add canola oil, about 3/4 cup (this all depends on how big your skillet it). when oil is hot, add meatballs and fry turning until all sides are brown.
- add to pot of tomato sauce and finish cooking for about an hour (i like to make homemade sauce so i simmer for about 2 hours so the sauce can soak up the flavors of the meat)
toss with pasta and enjoy. comfort in a bowl.