- 2 tbl canola oil
- 1 onion minced
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery chopped
- 1 dumpling squash chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 potatoe chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 cups stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 15.5oz can of cannellini beans
- 1 bunch of chard chopped
i love reading recipes on the internets…mostly because of the comments.
that’s where you get the ideas, the substitutions, the feel of how a recipe will turn out.
the original might be great but everyone has different tastes, different ideas of a good meal, different ways of doing things.
i like it simple, i like it easy and i like it to taste good.
what i like, you might roll your eyes out. what i like, you might take and cook to your liking, and that is what is great about cooking. you can experiment, you can take the idea and run with it, make it your own.
so when i saw a recipe online for kale soup i knew what to do. i knew i had chard. i knew exactly what i wanted it to taste like, and i knew exactly when to serve it.
whether it be a snowy day or just a cold one, this soup is excellent to warm your bones.
bean, squash and chard soup
- saute all the veggies in canoloa oil for about 10 minutes until they start to soften.
- add the wine and cook for another minute. add stock and water. mix.
- add beans. mix.
- cook until potato and squash are soft, about 40 minutes, add chard cook for another 5 minutes.
- taste, season with salt and pepper, serve.
serve with warm crusty bread, some hot peppers on the side and enjoy!