- 1 pound of turkey meat
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 pepper chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 5 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 chipotle with adobo
- 1 28oz can of tomatoes (whole or crushed)
- 1 tbl taco seasoning
- handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
so did you make any new years resolutions?
i have a couple:
- get back in shape. i love running…that’s my plan
- dance more…i have no rhythm but that doesn’t stop me.
- eat healthier…simple foods that are full of fresh ingredients and that don’t take much effort
- re-find myself and my passions…there has been talks of taking a welding class
- talking about passions, build myself an art studio in my garage. did you know i have a background in art?
- work hard but play harder
i make these resolutions every year. every year, in about february it all kind of falls to shit (excuse my language, that was not one of my resolutions). this year i put no time limits on my goals. i think that’s the way to do it. if i run 2x a week, well, so be it. i’ll take my dogs on longer walks, smell the flowers, get out more. and that’s what i mean by play hard. enjoy myself more, enjoy my kids, enjoy life.
all my resolutions play in to one another…and i think for me, that’s the way to do it. take that one resolution, that one thing and spread it out. make it all count. make it easy for yourself and take off that pressure.
we learned this year life is precious. to much can happen.
this year i’m taking off the pressure, i’m taking it easy, i’m enjoying life.
let’s start the year out right…let’s make chili.
simple and easy turkey chili for 4
- in a dutch oven saute the onion, pepper, carrot, celery, chili in adobo and garlic for about 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. add turkey and cook till almost browned.
- add tomatoes, taco seasoning, cilantro, 1 tsp cocoa.
- bring to a boil and then simmer for at least 2 hours.
this is one of those pots that can sit for hours. the longer it cooks the better it tastes. the simple flavors come together and create an amazing bowl full of simple flavors that warm you up.
serve with tortillas, sour cream, avocados and enjoy.