i’m a bit of a procrastinator.
have you noticed?
i work well under pressure. i tend to wait to the last minute.
and something happens…i know i need to get moving. create some recipes, go shopping, possibly even clean my house out and get ready…
it’s almost time, it’s almost passover…
the aisles are already full of matzah. kosher for passover noodles are all the rage (see here), still, i walk by them.
i come home home and look around. think about planning my seder menu. think about what i can do differently.
and then that happend…almost instantanosly. the perfect brunch, the perfect dinner with a side of matzah, and if your not kosher for passover, well, it’s still the perfect soup to warm you up, make you feel good, and fill up your belly.
cream of carrot soup with roasted jalapeños.
- 1 pounds of carrots chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 cups veggie stock
- 2 cups water
- one cup half and half
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 1 jalapeño pepper
To roast pepper: place pepper under broiler or over a gas burner to till blackened.
1. Chop onions, carrots and garlic. Saute in canola oil for 10 minutes or until onion is translucent and carrot starts to soften.
2. Add stock and water, bring to a boil and cook for 40 minutes or until carrots are soft and easy to mash.
3. With an immersion blender, blend soup till you have reached your desired consistency.
4. Add half and half, mix and simmer for another 10 minutes.
5. To bowl add soup and garnish with roasted jalapeño.
if you are kosher and serving this with meat, non dairy creamer would work.