i’m taking bets to see how long it takes my friend rob to respond to this…
apparently his mom is the queen of kimchi. i wouldn’t know of course because i’ve never been offered any.
as a matter of fact, i’ve been sitting by my mailbox waiting for ground pepper for weeks now.
maybe this will spark a fire under his…well, this is a family blog, but you know what i’m saying right?
instead of waiting i acted. because i just want to make my own. because i’m incredibly impatient. because, well, i’m a pain in the…
actually, i found a recipe. i’m kind of impulsive.
so i made it…with some substitutions. and it’s awesome.
i’m waiting for that email rob…and my package. see what you make me do?
quick cucumber kimchi adapted from it’s all good
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbl red miso
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tbl gochujang (red pepper paste)
- 1/2 tbl honey
- 1 to 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional, go with your gut, spicy)
- 1 seedless cucumber (you know the one wrapped up in plastic
- in a bowl mix the first 6 ingredients together.
- slice your cucumber in half, then slice into half moon shapes (see picture above)
- toss everything together in a bowl.
- refrigerate for at least 3 hours, 6 is better and overnight is the bomb.
- eat. snack. enjoy