i won’t give you a ton of excuses but i do have valid excuses for my lack to posting (and cooking).
really i do…i won’t give you my list.
the terrible thing is that i have been so busy it’s prevented me from doing what i love, cooking and sharing.
i promised myself as soon as school is over, as soon as work calms down, as soon as i can breathe i am going to take some time for me. to cook. to shop at my farmers market. to do me and what i love.
in the meantime my daily meals have been easy to prepare. leftovers and whatever i can grab from the fridge and eat on the run.
this is one of my favorites. i can throw it together fast while the kids are running circles around me. it can sit on the counter while i’m putting them to bed. it’s easy to eat on the couch while i get that rare chance to sit and do nothing (it lasts about 5 minutes).
what is one of your favorite go to meals that’s easy to throw together?
yenta’s special late night pasta
there are different versions of this popular pasta dish everywhere. jamie oliver has one and i have seen a couple on food network.
sometimes for some extra spice i add chili peppers or even just red pepper flakes if i have nothing fresh handy.
- handful of cherry tomatoes sliced in half (about 15)
- garlic sliced (about 3-4 small cloves)
- a large handful of fresh bail and parsley chopped
- about 1/2 cup good olive oil (or canola oil if you want to really taste the garlic)
- a pinch of sea salt and pepper
- toss everything in a bowl and let it marinate for at least an hour.
- toss with pasta or couscous. inhale.