i love to grill. mostly because i’m pretty sure i’m a pyro. ok, maybe not, but i like to grill, and play with my food in fire.
what does that say about me? no. don’t answer that.
i really just like grilling because it prevents my house from becoming a humid hot mess. yeah, that happens. and then we all complain. there is screaming (yeah, from me) and there is just plain crabbiness.
so when i opened the pantry and saw couscous, opened the fridge and saw zucchini and then saw the herbs sitting in my garden i knew a salad was in the works.
grilled veggie couscous salad
feed about 4 hungry adults as a side
- 1 cup of uncooked israeli couscous
- 2 small zucchini grilled and diced
- 5 mushroons grilled and chopped
- 3 scallions chopped
- handful of tomatoes grilled or roasted and chopped
- handful or different herbs chopped
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- dressing (see below)
- cook coucous according to package directions. drain and rinse with cold water.
- grill the zucchini, mushrooms and tomatoes (optional)
- meanwhile, chop scallions and pepper, mix dressing (see below) add to big bowl
- when veg is done grilling cool and then chop
- add everything to a bowl and mix. set aside (in fridge) for at least 30 minutes.
- 1 tsp grey poupon
- 3 tbl cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1.5 tbl lemon juice
- 1 tbl honey
- salt and pepper
add all ingredients to a jar and shake.
Gorgeous! I can’t wait to get to BBQ this weekend!
Fire! Fire! Fire!
We all love to grill and play with our food over fire! Love BBQ season. Looks like a nice salad.