when i came across sun-dried tomatoes at the farmers market i knew instantly what to do.
it was one of those kismet moments…you know, when you see someone (or something) and just know.
yes, i feel that way about food.
deep red in color, the sweetness, the delicious oil that they float in…it’s kismet see. i know you feel it. you do right?
see i ramble when i get excited and this was one of those recipes to get excited about. especially if you need to bring a dish to someones house in 2 hours and spent the whole morning at the vet and no one has showered and you are all still in your pj’s. yes, that happens here…
so with 2 hours to go, a sick dog and the urgent need to shower, this, this my friends is what i did.
throw it all in a food processor and let the magic happen. magic as in whoa, you won’t believe it. trust me…it’s magic. that is, if you think about food that way…
sun-dried tomato tapenade
- about 20 sun-dried tomatoes and some of the oil they are packed in
- 5 cloves of garlic
- handful of basil
- pinch of sea salt and 2 pinches of pepper
- canola oil (about a 1/2 cup)
- add the first 4 ingredients to a food processor and pulse.
- slowly add canola oil and keep pulsing until you have reached your desired consistency. i used about a half a cup, you might choose to use more or less depending on what you like.
this is one of those recipes that you can pull together in minutes. make to your liking, add thyme instead of basil, add olive oil if you like the taste instead. serve with toasted bread and dig in.
Delish! Nothing like that taste spread on toast points. Can eat it all day long!