continuing on with my obsession…this is one of our favorites.
simple vegetables kind of neatly lined up in a baking dish covering sweet onions and garlic.
baked and devoured in minutes (i didn’t even get a picture of the final product).
sweet and fresh out of the garden…fabulous juices that collect on the bottom of the pan that can be lapped up with bread or spooned right into your mouth.
great for the upcoming holidays, prepared the night before and heated up at the last minute.
use any veg, more zucchini if you want, less eggplant, it doesn’t matter. make sure to use those sweet just picked tomatoes and enjoy.
simple vegetable bayaldi
as you can see this recipe differs from classic bayaldi’s. when you need to work fast, get stuff done, and use less dishes this is the way to go.
- 2 small eggplants sliced into coins
- 1 large zucchini sliced into coins
- 2 tomatoes sliced thinly and halved
- 1 large onion halved and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic smashed and chopped
- 2 large roasted peppers cut into chunks
- handful of basil, mint and parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbl canola oil
- splash of good olive oil
- 1 tbl honey
- start by prepping all of you vegetables. slice eggplant and zucchini into coins. slice your tomatoes and then slice in half. cut your onion in half and slice. roughly chop your garlic.
- start by adding the onions and garlic to the bottom of a roasting dish. add canola oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. toss.
- on top of onions, start by layering your veggies around the dish. once you are done, top with herbs, olive oil and honey. add a pinch of good salt and pepper.
- cover with foil and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. take foil off and continue baking for another 10 minutes.
sit down, inhale-exhale…eat.
That looks amazing! So fresh and colorful. Healthy too.