- 5 potatoes grated
- 2 med onions grated
- one small zucchini grated
- 4 eggs beaten
- 5 tbl of flour
- 3 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- oil for frying
happy hanukkah everyone! on tonight’s menu, latkes!
this is my go to recipe over the holidays. since we have had kid’s i’ve tried to add another veg to them, last year we added a sweet potato, one year we actually added broccoli, this year, a small zucchini. of course you can leave the zucchini out, just add another potato.
- grate onion, potatoes, and zucchini. now here is my secret, i remove as much liquid as possible, i put all the grated veg in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze the liquid out of the mixture.
- in a mixing bowl, beat eggs and then add the grated veg as well as all the other ingredients and mix.
- add oil to frying pan, heat. when ready form individual latkes by hand, carefully slide into the pan.
- when latkes are nicely browned on one side, flip until browned on the other side and crisp on the edges. remove and place on paper towels. you can keep the latkes hot in a warm oven.
serve with applesauce. enjoy!
happy hanukkah all!