- 2 eggs
- 1 tbl spinach chopped finely
- about 1 tbl salsa
- 1 tbl gouda cheese grated
- 1 tbl each of parsley and basil
people have been emailing me and asking me about simple breakfast and brunch ideas. this is one of my favorites.
i happen to love eggs. my favorite would be soft boiled or sunny side up. this simple dish however happens to be one of my favorites. it’s easy, you can add anything to it, it tastes great and looks so fancy!
whenever i make this for people who come over for brunch they are so impressed because they get their own individual plate with their choosing of sunny side up or scrambled eggs. i put out little dishes of veg, cheese, salsa, and yes, even hot sauce. what could better?
simple brunch eggs
(i am going to give you this recipe per person and what i used to make it)
- turn on your oven and set to broil. butter or spray your ramekin to prevent eggs from sticking.
- i like my eggs sunny side up, i crack the egg right into my baking dish or ramekin (something oven proof that wont crack on broil). if you want to scramble them you can do it right in the dish or in a bowl.
- take your veg and cheese, salsa or herbs and sprinkle over your eggs.
- carefully put in oven and broil for 3 minutes or until your eggs are cooked to your liking.
a very simple dish that you can be very creative with. sometimes i like to add fresh or roasted garlic, i love to serve it with toast or texas toast which is my favorite.
sit back and enjoy! read the paper with a big cup of coffee