- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 jalapeno minced (seeds or no seeds)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil or olive oil, i used a mixture of both
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- handful of cilantro
- 1/2 a head of cabbage
- 1 pepper
- half a jicama
- half a red onion
can i just tell you again how much i love summer. i love summer. i love eating light and i love creating new and exciting dishes.
during the winter i crave heavy, saucy, complicated dishes, but during the summer, light, flavorful and simple is all i need. i loved the idea of coleslaw with out mayo, it just seems right. to be able to taste each veg and just enjoy the simpleness of a few ingredients.
no mayo slaw
just a note, this dressing goes a long way, you can use a whole head of cabbage and a whole jicama and it would cover it all. this was a meal for e and i (the kids ate earlier), and we had lots of dressing pooling at the bottom (we poured it over the fish)
- for the dressing, measure and mix all the ingredients into a bowl or measuring glass and whisk.
- for the salad, chop (i used a mandoline) all the veg.
- mix together and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. serve and enjoy!
i highly recommend serving this with fish, it was fantastic.