- chicken cutlets (4) + 1 egg and some milk or water + flour to coat
- olive oil
- 1 large 28oz can of tomatoes (whole or diced)
- 1 onion minced
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced or minced
- 1/4 cup of white wine
- 3 roasted peppers
- handful of basil and parsley
- 1 small can of sliced olives
- 1 tbl of capers
- 1 tsp of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
it’s been raining in new york. like a lot. feels like every day (it’s only been 2). all my summer recipes have seem to be put on the back burner because a) i have the ac on b) it’s so humid that i can’t go outside and c) i have been inside with the kids so much we cook to entertain ourselves.
i promise this dish will make everyone happy, your kids, your partner, even your dog
- get a skillet out and coat with some olive oil, dunk your chicken in egg and then coat your chicken in the flour and brown in your oil. take out and set aside.
- in the same skillet add onion and garlic, saute for about 5 minutes till onion becomes translucent and garlic is flavorful. add your wine to de-glaze pan and scrape up all those good brown chicken bits.
- add tomatoes, herbs, sugar, olives, capers and peppers. mix and cook for about 10 minutes.
- add your chicken back to the skillet and cook for another 10 minutes.