- one mango cubed and cut into bite size pieces
- half a red onion minced
- 1 clove of garlic minced (i used scapes i had sitting around instead)
- 1 small chili pepper minced
- about 1 tbl of olive oil
- 1/2 a lime juiced
- fresh herbs of your liking, about 1 tbl chopped, i used cilantro and some parsley
we are huge fish eaters…well i am, so everyone else is. you see how this works right? i like something, and then everyone else has to eat it:-) being the only cook in the family, i pretty much take advantage of the fact that since i am cooking, i get to choose what’s for dinner.
e has a list of foods he doesn’t like, mango’s being one of them. the rest of us, we love them, so when i found 4 mango’s for 3$ the other day i could not resist. here was the problem…we haven’t been home all week and although i used one in a fruit salad the other day we were about to loose 3 mango’s and i just couldn’t let that happen. i cut 2 up for the kids for dinner and then saved one for me.
so what do you do with one mango and a 2 pieces of halibut when it’s almost 9 o’clock and you haven’t eaten anything since lunch…you throw the fish on the grill and whip up a really quick mango salsa. e (look above) who is not a fan, managed to scoop up a second portion to eat with his fish and raved all night about what a great light meal it was. score one for me…now if i could only get him to eat tomatoes.
quick mango salsa
- add all of your ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- let it sit for a little while, about 20 minutes, just enough time for all the ingedients to come together.
serve over fish and enjoy!