- 1 cup melted/room temp butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- chocolate chips
as many of you know, i never bake. never. it scares me. i’m just not good at measuring. i am however getting a little more comfortable baking cookies.
i have officially mastered chocolate brownie cookies, which makes me a touch more confident in my cookie making skills. so when i came across shredded coconut in my pantry (yes, again i am trying to clean it out), i knew i had to bake something.
my great-grandfather used to send me coconut patties as a kid. covered in rich milk chocolate they were a little slice of heaven. did you know i am not a huge coconut fan? i however love coconut patties, whether it be the memory of eating one or just the chocolate i just can’t get enough of them….
so there it was coconut and chocolate chips…
coconut butter cookies adapted from the recipe on the back of the coconut bag
these are really easy ready….
- preheat your oven to 350.
- in a mixer, mix butter and vanilla, add sugar and mix for about a minute.
- by hand, add flour and mix.
- add coconut and mix.
- with your hands, roll a small amount of dough into a ball, i am talking small meatball size. with your finger (i used a 1/4 tsp) make little indents on the top of each ball and fill with 3-4 pieces of chocolate chips.
- bake for about 15-20 minutes.
cool and enjoy!