- 14oz of firm tofu (cut and slice as above instructions)
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup of grated parm
- handful of chopped herbs (i used basil, thyme and oregano)
- 1 egg seasoned with salt and pepper
i hope this monday finds you all well after this terrible storm. it’s been crazy here. we got tons of rain and then the winds came. i am sure a lot of you still don’t have power but if you have a gas stove top you can still cook.
we cooked a lot this weekend. a lot doesn’t even explain the amount of food we ate. it felt like every 10 minutes i was in the kitchen putting something together. let’s just say, i might need to start exercising, or better yet, stop eating.
this is one of the snacks we enjoyed while being cooped up. i hope you like tofu, it’s a great recipe to celebrate meatless monday.
here is the story with tofu, not many people love it. there is always someone who says you shouldn’t eat to much of it then there are the people who tell you it can’t do any harm. thank goodness because my kids love tofu.
cut your tofu as explained above, let it drain, and when you are ready to cook, do the following:
- bowl 1: mix eggs, salt and pepper.
- bowl 2: breadcrumbs, parm, herbs.
- take your tofu and dunk in the egg, then breadcrumbs.
- fry in some olive oil, drain and continue cooking until all your tofu is ready.
- serve with some tomato sauce and enjoy.