- 4 small peppers (halved or whole, your choice)
- 1 cup of cooked rice
- 1 eggplant cut into bite size pieces
- 1 onion sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- handful of fresh basil
- handful of fresh parsley
- 8-10 mushrooms sliced
- a handful of chopped kale
i love stuffed peppers. they are not something however i make all the time (but if you look here you can find anther recipe).
we made these a couple weekends ago. a majority of my family eat mainly vegetarian. when they come over to visit i like to come up with creative vegetarian ideas on meat based meals. the more time i spend in the kitchen the better i am getting at it.
this is a great option for meatless monday. it makes a great dinner (for even meat eaters), serve with a side of salad and some garlic bread.
happy meatless monday!
veggie stuffed peppers
- pre-heat your oven to 350.
- cook your rice or use left overs
- spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom of your baking dish.
- cut and clean peppers, cut veg, herb set aside.
- in a large skillet heat tbl olive oil, add onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute, add mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes. add kale, eggplant, herbs and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- remove skillet from heat and add rice, mix to combine.
- fill pepper halves with vegetable and rice mixture, place in baking dish, top with remaining sauce.
- cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- remove foil and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- when peppers are done, remove from the oven and let cool for about 5 minutes.