- 6 chicken legs
- 2 tbl of moroccan spice rub
- 1 onion sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- a 3" piece of ginger
- 1 28oz can of whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of raisins
did you miss me (insert huge smile here)?
if you happen to be a fan on fb or twitter then you noticed i skipped town (i took everyone with me, i wasn’t alone). we took our annual road trip to sarasota where we have some family. this year was a little different though. the kids are older, they were up for an adventure and it was fun!
not only did we do “kids” stuff (you know, the zoo, aquarium) we did a lot of “adult stuff” too (with them!!). we went to some of our favorite restaurants and even new ones that we found. we all tried new foods and even some favorites that me and the husband adore.
want to see some pictures? i can’t resist!
it’s nice to unplug for a couple days. i still had my phone but i ignored it (except to take pictures). as a family we experienced a lot together. sometimes you take your family for granted. it was so nice to just sit back, relax, take it all in and just watch. i’ve seen my kids smile before but to watch them with not a single distraction is amazing. i feel like i walked away from this trip with a lot. i got to enjoy all their silliness, all their giggles, and the joy they get from just being with us. when you are home and in the mix you never really get the chance to sit back and take it all in. the phone is always ringing, emails to answer, life just goes by quickly. i can’t wait for our next trip.
chicken (and that moroccan spice rub)
when we got home the first thing our of every ones mouth was “mom, can you make dinner tonight”. how can i resist that, especially since i have been itching to cook all week. this was a great dinner we threw together fast out of every day items that sit around your house. it’s quick it’s good, and every one was excited for a homemade meal. it was also a great chance to discuss our favorite parts of vacation. the girls favorite part was “being with you all”.
i made this dish with the moroccan spice rub i threw together a week or two back. it is full of flavor and really brought the dish together.
- pre-heat your oven to 350
- to a ziplock bag add chicken and 2 tbl of the moroccan spice rub. make sure to coat all the chicken.
- meanwhile in a dutch oven heat about about 2 tbl of oil, i favor canola for frying now, it doesn’t burn and has no flavor. brown your chicken and set aside.
- in the same pot, to the oil and whatever the chicken has left behind, add your sliced onion, whole smashed garlic cloves, ginger (you can chop or leave in large chunks) and raisins. saute for 5 minutes.
- add can of whole tomatoes, mix, bring to a simmer and then place chicken back in pot.
- cover, place in oven and cook for 30 minutes. after 30 minutes take cover off and cook for another 30.
- carefully take out of oven and let it sit for 2-3 minutes.
- serve and enjoy!
this pairs nicely with rice or even quinoa. serve with some fresh greens and you have a great dish ready in no time.