- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of chocolate chips
since i have been home from vacation i have been cooking up a storm.
unplugging was the key. getting away from it all. just clearing our heads.
i wanted to continue that feeling at home. i wanted to unplug when the boy and girl walked in the door. i wanted it to be about them after school. i wanted them to still feel special even though we were home.
so we cooked and experimented a lot last week (my kids really love being in the kitchen with me, they especially love to bake, not sure where that came from). we baked a lot. a lot. cookies, cakes and cupcakes. i started out small. i started with these.
of course there is no baking involved. if your freezer is working you’re halfway there. it’s a couple steps that brings smiles, giggles, and pure joy.
an after school snack or just for dessert, this will be a hit. it’s easy, trust me. for those of us who can’t follow direction (me!), for those of us who get nervous about trying out new recipes (me!), or for those just looking to make a kid smile (that’s me again), this is for you.
frozen banana pops
- peel and cut your bananas in to small chunks. place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set in the freezer for an hour.
- melt 1 cup of chocolate chips in the microwave.
- get out those toothpicks and insert into banana.
- dunk banana into chocolate and then quickly spoon sprinkles over.
- place banana back into freezer for at least 10 minutes before you inhale them all in one sitting.