- 3 pieces of bacon chopped
- 1 chili pepper (optional)
- 1 onion minced
- 4 cloves garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 15oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- handful of basil
- top with mozzarella or parm (optional)
i’m sorry to bring this up again but…bacon…me and bacon are having a love affair. seriously, we love each other.
i love the smell, i love watching it crisp up and i love putting it in pasta (or just about anything).
yeah, that’s what i said, bacon. i heart you. i know i shouldn’t be eating you as much as i am but that’s why i bought a treadmill.
it’s a trade off, butter or bacon…do i have to choose? i feel like i’m cheating. like i said
heavy cream treadmill.
this is turning into a love letter. it is.
my heart sings for you. oh how i love the. let me count the…
ok, i need to stop, you get the hint.
by the way, i love my cast iron skillet too.
gnocchi with bacon and tomatoes
- in a skillet fry the bacon until crisp. add onion, garlic and chili pepper, saute for about 5 minutes.
- add chicken stock and give it a minute, scrape up all that good stuff on the bottom of the skillet.
- at this point add your tomatoes. i like to break them up in my hands you of course can use a fork, knife, or just keep them whole.
- add sugar, basil and give it a good mix.
- cook for another 5ish minutes, taste and add salt or pepper as needed.
- while your waiting for the sauce to finish bring a pot of water to a boil. add gnocchi and cook till done.
- drain your gnocchi but save some of that pasta water just in case. add to skillet and toss. add a splash of pasta water if needed.
ps. you can substitute red pepper flakes for the chili pepper.
pss. top with freshly grated parm or cubed fresh mozzarella
gnocchi is perfect for this sauce. you of course can use any type of pasta.