- 2 cloves garlic
- a bunch of chopped asparagus into 2" pieces
- about 2 cups of spinach
- 1 tbl freshly cut basil
- 1 tbl butter
- 2 tbl flour
- 1 cup of veggie or chicken stock
- about 4oz of goat cheese
- 1/2 cup parm
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 pound of pasta
do you like goat cheese?
what about pasta?
how about asparagus and spinach?
if you said yes to all of the above then this is a dinner i see in your future.
simple. good. creamy. and wait for it…it’s even healthy.
the goat cheese turns this simple pasta into something exceptional…tangy, almost divine. yeah that’s what i said.
try to just eat one serving. i dare y0u. you wont be able to say away from the pot. seriously, it’s that good.
pasta with goat cheese, asparagus & spinach adapted from real simple magazine
to prep: boil a pot of water. that’s it.
- to that boiling pot of water that you prepped (is that really prepping?) add asparagus. cook for about 3 minutes. remove with a slotted spoon and run under cold water, set aside (eat one if you wish, i did).
- add your pasta to the boil water. cook, and drain.
- meanwhile, in a saute pan, melt butter and cook your garlic for about 1 minute. add flour and whisk.
- add stock and stir till thickened.
- blend in goat cheese and cook for one more minute, add spinach.
- when spinach is wilted, add pasta, basil, asparagus, the cheese and toss and serve.
serve with extra parm and a salad. perfect meal.