- 2 pieces of bread
- smear of goat cheese
- preserves (your favorite)
- greens (lettuce, arugula)
i am always looking for easy lunch ideas (mainly because i don’t eat breakfast). by 11:30 i am starved.
i know what you are thinking…you don’t eat breakfast? i’m just not hungry and the moment i get out of bed i’m running. someone needs help getting dressed, i need to take someone to the bathroom, we need to catch the bus…you get it right?
here is my problem. i don’t want a heavy lunch. i want to eat something i can:
- drink with coffee (i love coffee)
- tastes good (of course)
- is healthy (i try)
- will hold me over till dinner (or at least till snack time)
- does not include my kids leftovers (which is what usually happens)
list look familiar to you?
the other day at the deli i spotted this sandwich. it looked good. it was however made with a nutty fruity bread (not my favorite). to top it off, orange marmalade (eh). someone next to me mentioned the sandwich was “the best”. “the best” huh. knowing i had 2 logs of goat cheese at home and fresh bread i had bought the previous day i decided to go home and give it a try.
i have been eating this sandwich for lunch nearly every day since
toasted bread with goat cheese, raspberry preserves and greens
- toast the bread.
- smear some goat cheese on one side of your bread, on the other, preserves.
- lay some greens, arugula works well, over the cheese, sandwich the bread together and enjoy.
this might be my favorite sandwich and something i can see myself making fast and eating on the run.