- 1 cup of flour
- 3 tbl of sugar
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup of milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbl melted butter
- 1/4 cup ricotta
- 1/2 lemon zested
- couple handfuls of blueberries
on this long weekend we do a lot of cooking, swimming, socializing and eating…did i mention eating?
one thing we get to do on the weekends that we don’t do much during the week is family breakfasts. we all get up, the husband makes the coffee and i get to work on something sweet for everyone.
our favorite morning treat around here are these homemade confetti pancakes. they are always my number one request.
this morning however, this morning i was craving something different. something with blueberries, something with lemon. and then i found the ricotta cheese.
there is still time to make this…it’s only 10:00 and you can have breakfast all day.
lemon ricotta blueberry pancakes
- in a mixing bowl combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt, give it a whisk.
- melt your butter and add to the flour mixture with milk and eggs. whisk.
- add lemon zest and ricotta cheese, whisk.
- add 2 handfuls of blueberries and mix with a spatula or wooden spoon.
- heat up a skillet or on a griddle and melt a little butter. with a 1/4 cup measuring cup scoop batter and place in pan. cook for about 1-2 minutes aside, flip when pancake starts to bubble in the center and brown on the outside.
have a wonderful memorial day!