well hello there…it’s been a while. i missed you.
it’s been a chaotic week. i wish i could tell you it was all good.
i did however loose 5 pounds…but that was due to the raging sinus infection that left me bed ridden for days…days.
ask me if i cooked? nope.
ask me if i thought about food? nope.
and now ask me how i got my mojo back?
baked apples baby.
super easy to make and super easy to bake. that kind of rhymed. don’t worry, i’m not going there. you don’t want me rhyming, it never ends well.
delicious, easy, fragrant and loved by all.
add your favorite spices, replace the goat cheese for creme fraiche. either way, a warm delish dessert that will make you happy and hopefully bring your mojo back too.
baked apples with goat cheese
- 2 apples halved and cored
- light brown sugar
- cocoa nibs (optional)
- 1 cinnamon stick
- pinch of sea salt
- 3 star anise
- splash of white wine
- goat cheese
- pre-heat your oven to 350.
- add your halved apples to a baking dish.
- to the top of each apple pour a bit of honey, sprinkle of brown sugar, a pinch of cocoa nibs if using and a small pinch of salt.
- to the bottom of baking dish add wine, cinnamon stick, star anise. bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until apples are soft.
- place apple on a plate or in a bowl and top with crumpled goat cheese.