need i say more? look at the title.
shaved milk chocolate
oh and these like have brown butta (that’s not a typo, i meant it) in it…
i can’t stop eating them.
no, no, don’t. i need to gain back that 5 pounds so i can not fit into my bathing suit this summer.
is that to snarky for the morning?
make. these. cookies.
shaved chocolate and cocoa nib cookies w/ sea salt
so this recipe is adapted from this cookbook (river cottage every day). i’ve been playing with the recipe for ages (see here) and because they are so easy to make and the clean up is nothing, they are my go to favorite chocolate chip cookies. hrm…i have some girl scout cookies coming soon…wonder what i can do next…
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/2 cup of sugar in the raw
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup shaved chocolate or chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup cocoa nibs
- sea salt
- in a pan melt butter on a low flame. when solids start to rise to the top and you start to smell something nutty, turn off the flame. and then proceed to #2.
- in a large bowl, combine both sugars. add your butter and mix with a wooden spoon (a spatula works too). add 1 egg and 2 tsp of vanilla. mix.
- sift flour and baking powder into wet mixture and carefully mix with your wooden spoon. add cocoa nibs and shaved chocolate. carefully and quickly mix.
- prepare your baking sheet. I like to cover mine with parchment paper. those slip mat things will work too.
- using a tablespoon (tbl) drop cookie dough onto baking sheet at least 2 inched apart. sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over each cookie.
- bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. let cool. enjoy.