i know…enough with the cookies.
i. just. can’t.
especially since all my neighbors are girl scouts…
i got hit up again…and not by just like 5 kids…like 12.
i forgot who i ordered from which landed me with about 15 boxes of cookies.
mostly all samoas and tagalongs…
i. just. can’t. help. myself.
and then this happened…
the family has been calling these cookie squared.
good name. i for one just love the combination of carmel, dark chocolate, coconut and cookie dough. sure, a samoas is good on it’s own, but samoas chopped up and added to the most amazing cookie dough. yes. please.
i should just stop…or should i get creative with the tagalongs too?
of course this is my go to cookie dough recipe. mainly because it’s east to throw together and everything goes into one bowl (see here for more details)
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1/2 cup of sugar in the raw
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 10 samoas chopped
- sea salt
- in a pan melt butter on a low flame. when solids start to rise to the top and you start to smell something nutty, turn off the flame. and then proceed to #2.
- in a large bowl, combine both sugars. add your butter and mix with a wooden spoon (a spatula works too). add 1 egg and 2 tsp of vanilla. mix.
- add flour and baking powder into wet mixture and carefully mix with your wooden spoon. add chopped samoas. carefully and quickly mix.
- prepare your baking sheet. I like to cover mine with parchment paper. those slip mat things will work too.
- using a tablespoon (tbl) drop cookie dough onto baking sheet at least 2 inched apart. sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over each cookie.
- bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes. let cool. enjoy.
ok, so btw, if you are looking for something else to do with your girl scout cookies…look no further (click here)