i’ve been in a funk. it happens. life caught up to me. things got hectic. time seems to be slipping by awfully fast. i can’t keep up. it’s so cold.
so i baked. cause it warms up my house. cause biting into a warm cookie makes me smile, cause watching my kids inhaling cookies with those bright eyes makes me giggle.
the funk goes away…or mildly disappears, for at least a moment. a stolen moment when i close my eyes and take that first bite. nothing can beat it.
also known as the 10 minute cookie, which i have made in the past, now gluten free with a special ingredient. almond flour.
soft, buttery, chewy…carmel like, a taste that can not be missed.
one of our favorites, and easy to make. quick to cook.
and thankfully, it cured that annoying headache i had going on…kind of.
chocolate chip butter cookies
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of GF flour (cup4cup)
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of sea salt
- 3 oz of chocolate chips (about a 1/3 of a cup)
- pre-heat oven to 375.
- in a small pan, or in the micro, carefully melt butter.
- in a medium to large bowl add sugars and melted butter, mix well. add egg and vanilla, mix.
- add gf and almond flour, baking powder and salt. mix well. add chocolate chips, mix again.
- scoop about 1 tbl of the cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. bake at 375 for 7-10 minutes depending on your oven.
makes about 24 cookies.