i don’t know what is going on but my zucchini plants for the first time in years are out of control. i wish i could say the same about my cilantro…and tomatoes. or even my chili peppers, cause i love me some fresh chili peppers in the summer.
did i tell you i planted thai eggplants? i keep walking by the plant and begging it to grow. begging. really. “grow quickly” i tell it everyday. “please, i love to BBQ you, sauté you, and put you on sandwiches”. i apparently have some issues. mainly just during the summer.
anyway…everyday i walk by the zucchini and cry, because i’m running out of ideas. it’s just a lot. i mean, the pattypan is as big as my hand, and the leaves, well, they are hanging over my peas..and cucks. it’s crazy. will i ever have cucumbers…possibly, i think i saw one (it was kind of pathetic looking).
so with all the zucchini my kids keep on picking, and the piles sitting on my kitchen table, we thought fritters. with corn. cause, well, we love corn.
please tell me you have a lot of zucchini too? please…
zucchini and corn fritters
- 1 zucchini grated
- 2 ears of fresh raw corn cut off the cobb
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup oat flour (gf)
- 1/4 cup white rice flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- to a big bowl add your ingredients and mix.
- to a frying pan add oil and heat up. set out a plate with paper towels to drain the oil.
- using an tbl or a cookie scooper, scoop mixture into hot oil. after about a minute, or when bottom of fritter is golden in color, flip.
- drain fritter on plate lined with paper towel and serve with some yogurt or sour cream.
now, i know some of you can not tolerate oats…bobs makes a GF oat flour that i seem to not have any problems with. if you do, use an all purpose flour instead.