- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 onion minced
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 tbl of cilantro
- 1 tbl parsley
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 2 cans of white beans
- salt and pepper to taste
this is another one of my re-do’s (as in, it disappeared, so i am re-posting, because it’s amazing, and you should make it for dinner tonight. like my run on sentence).
it’s one of the easiest chili’s to make. all it takes is a little browning. well, ok, and then there is cutting, but that takes 2 minutes. it’s a perfect quick meal to make, something to do when your kids nap or in my case (my kids don’t nap) when their favorite tv show is on.
it has all of 2 spices (cumin and chili pepper) and the end result is nothing but amazing. it’s warm, comforting, spicy (if you use a lot of spice) and filling.
white bean and chicken chili
just a little note on the chicken thighs. i like to use skinless and boneless chicken thighs. before i brown, i like to sprinkle a touch of salt and pepper over the chicken to give it a little flavor.
- in a dutch oven brown chicken thighs in about a tbl of olive oil and set to the side.
- in the same pot, saute onion, chili pepper and garlic for about 5 minutes.
- add cumin to the pot and mix, cook for another minute.
- at this point add stock and beans with 1 tbl of cilantro and a 1/2 tbl of parsley the pot with chicken you set aside. bring pot to a boil and then simmer for about an hour or until chicken has fallen off the bone.
- take chicken out of the pot and when cool, shred. add back to pot with reserved cilantro and parsley and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
serve over rice or with tortillas like pictured above (i fried my tortilla, yum) with a spoonful of sour cream, salsa, cilantro, parsley, lettuce and avocado. i think i might be having this for lunch today…i can’t resist!