did you ever have a week where you feel like everyone is doing something and you’re not…
lacy had a baby.
sheri is writing for an online lifestyle magazine.
marcie wrote a book.
i’ve never felt more lame. i haven’t opened my laptop in over a week. wait, it’s been longer.
you forgive me right? yeah…of course you do…you do right? because there is duck fat. a lot of it.
i’m going to use this excuse for my week of non-blogging. i’ve been busy with duck fat. lots of it. like a vat of it.
i don’t know about you but throw duck fat my way and i’m on it, like you have know idea.
i’m not going to lie, it’s one of the only reasons i go to the farmers market in hastings (i love you hastings but the duck guy is the bomb). duck sausage. duck breasts. duck salami. duck fat. are you kidding me, how can you resist. it’s liquid gold.
and let’s be honest here, duck fat fries are the best. i mean, like, the best.
so easy, and the perfect accompaniment to steak, chicken, hot dogs…you get it right? the only thing that could possibly be better is a fried duck egg on top. is that to much?
gosh, now i can’t get duck fat fries, a steak and a fried duck egg out of my mind. where can i get duck eggs?
have i gone on long enough? one of our favorites. one of my favorites.
duck fat fries
- 4 potatoes (keep the skin on)
- about 1/2 cup duck fat
- sea salt
- line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and pre-heat oven to 400.
- wash and cut potatoes (like fries, see image above). toss onto cookie sheet.
- spoon fat onto potatoes, don’t worry about tossing it now, the fat will melt pretty fast.
- sprinkle some sea salt over fries.
- roast for 10 minutes. take a spatula and toss carefully. cook for another 10 minutes or until fries are crunchy and middles are soft. it happens fast.
serve with a ketchup. curry ketchup. oh my.