- 2 tbl butter
- 1 tbl flour
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup milk
- tiny pinch of truffle salt (optional)
- 1/2 cup of gorgonzola cheese (you can use a blue or any creamy cheese)
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley chopped
i was going to write about peter lugers tonight, i had a change of heart. this is a recipe you should all have. lugers can wait, although the bacon was definitely worth discussing.
the other day i found a package of gnocchi in my freezer, gnocchi are little potato dumplings, oh! did i mention i went to see my cheese guy? my favorite person in the world right now. i told him i was making gnocchi for dinner and i was looking for a good cheese to use in a cream sauce. i walked out with 3 hunks of cheese and 2 samples to try. e and i did a taste test and decided on the gorgonzola. it was actually one of the samples and we had just enough for the sauce, so we used it.
if your looking for a healthy meal, this is not it. unless you count the salad on the side it is full of cream and butter, oh yes, and my new favorite spice, truffle salt. it’s amazing. e and i managed to polish off a whole bag of gnocchi and a half a loaf of fresh bread. ready for this one? try it, it’s a great treat and a really good meal.
gnocchi with a gorgonzola sauce
i prepare the sauce as soon as i put the gnocchi in the boiling water. it takes no time at all.
- in a small saucepan, add butter and melt. when bubbling, add flour and whisk. keep whisking.
- when flour is incorporated, after about a minute, add your cream and milk, continue whisking. after about a minute, add your cheese and truffle salt.
- taste it, if it needs salt and pepper add it. pour of gnocchi and serve.
this is a quick and easy dinner that tastes great.