- about 8oz of mushrooms chopped (i used a gourmet blend)
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 chili pepper seeded and chopped
- 3 tbl butter
- 2 tbl olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- handful of dill and parsley chopped
- half a lemon - juice and rind
- a baguette
- salt and pepper for seasoning
i’m getting myself together for a cocktail party tonight. i was asked to bring a couple things…this is when being a foodie gets you in trouble.
someone always expects you to know exactly what to do and what to make. i might be a good cook, but when it comes to entertaining it’s usually small groups of people (or kids).
first request, my pot de café et de chocolat (i made individual cups of it last night along with whip cream). two, fudge. that is for one specific friend. third, stuffed mushrooms.
i decided against the stuffed mushrooms (to hard to transfer) and made a mushroom brushetta instead. this happens to be one of my favorites. it’s also my favorite meal for one.
- in a big skillet, heat olive oil and butter. when butter is bubbling, add mushrooms, garlic, half of the herbs, lemon rind and chili pepper.
- after about 5 minutes, add the wine and lemon juice and simmer for about 5 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked and juices have reduced by half.
- in the meantime, cut your baguette and sprinkle with olive oil. broil for 2 minutes. take out and brush with a clove of garlic.
- when mushrooms are cooked, and the rest of herbs and season with salt and pepper.
eat and enjoy!