i finally got myself out of bed…i went outside…i attempted to run some errands and return some phone calls. all before 10am…for me that’s pretty impressive.
it’s been a crazy week. 2 snow days and a routine procedure that knocked me on my ass. i spent yesterday in bed. actually, i rotated between the couch and the bed. the littles put on shows, i got to watch wonder woman and a jedi duel it out. we baked, we cooked, there was a lot of shoveling and fort building.
there was also a lot of dishes, a lot of costume changes and now, a lot of laundry.
i’m happy to announce my children had school today. my husband went back to work after taking such good care of me and my dogs have out grown their fear of ice/snow.
so what’s left to do after dropping everyone off, hustling to the post office, filling up my car with gas and emptying and re-filling the dish washer? well other then vacuuming i wanted to share this recipe.
banana bread is one of our favorites. toast it up in the am, dessert after a warm bowl of soup, pack it up for a snack for school. one of our absolute loves.
this time we decided to mix things up. add some zucchini. they’ll never know, trust me. we ate half the loaf with in minutes, i hid the other half for the rest of the week.
gluten free (which you can of course make with regular flour) and delish. one of our staples, cause everyone has at least one banana going bad right?
banana zucchini bread
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) room softened butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1 medium zucchini grated
- 2 cups GF flour (i use cup4cup)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup plain or maple yogurt (see link)
to prepare: pre-heat oven to 350 f. spray or butter loaf pan to prevent sticking.
a note on zucchini: after grating my zucchini, i squeeze out the zucchini juice with my hands.i literally grab it all and squeeze. you can of course use a strainer and push the water out, but who likes to dirty more dishes? not me.
- with a mixer whip the butter at med speed adding one by one: brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, banana and grated zucchini.
- in a separate mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- slowly on a low speed, add half the dry mixture. mix, add half the yogurt, mix. add the rest of the flour, mix. and add the rest of yogurt, mix.
- empty batter into a loaf pan and bake for 50 minutes or until a knife or toothpick inserted comes out dry.