- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 2 tbl sherry vinegar
- 1/4 cup cubed bread (plain bread)
- 1 tsp cumin
- handful of cilantro
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
sometimes i get these brilliant ideas.
sometimes these ideas are accidental.
sometimes these ideas are planned but take off in a different direction.
sometimes i just go with the flow and let accidents happen.
i started by making gazpacho. have i mentioned i really don’t like gazpacho? i don’t. as a matter of fact, i continually make it in hopes that one day i will enjoy it (it never happens).
i come across these recipes and think, i would like this. i definitely would. and then i don’t. and i’m stuck with it. with a huge blender full of cold tomato soup.
so i cooked it. i added cream.
chilly night, warm soup, an accidental dinner.
warm and simple tomato soup
- chop and blend all of the ingredients except for the cream.
- add to a pot, bring to a low boil, simmer for 2o minutes.
- add cream, mix, cook 5 minutes more to incorporate the cream.
- taste, add salt and pepper if needed.