i made this.
sausage. wine. stuffed shells.
that’s the meal that keeps on giving. and not in that way. ew. i mean leftovers. because i always make more. because this is awesome in the morning for breakfast…uh…i mean in the afternoon for lunch.
ssshhh…whatever. i admit, i eat leftovers for breakfast. you don’t?
simple. good. delish.
what more do i have to say to convince you? do i need to? make it. enjoy it. eat the leftovers for breakfast.
stuffed shells with sausage gravy
- 1 pound of sweet sausage
- 1 onion minced
- 2 carrots minced
- 1 stalk of celery
- 4 cloves garlic roughly chopped
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 handfuls of basil
- 1 cup of red wine
- 1 28oz can of whole tomatoes
- in a skillet, heat up 1 tbl canola oil. add onion, carrot, celery, a pinch of salt, chili pepper (or red pepper, use 1/2 if you don’t prefer it spicy) and garlic. sauté for about 5 minutes and then add sausage.
- after sausage is halfway cooked, about 5 minutes, add wine. cook down till half remains.
- add whole tomatoes and basil. stir and cook on a low simmer for about an hour and a half, stirring every so often.