it started….the spring chaos.
baseball, ballet recitals, end of the year parties, applications for the pool.
and then yesterday…among the chaos, boston.
i have no words.
it kind of left me speechless and anxiety ridden.
today has been one moment after another.
one of my friends said it so simple “people of earth: let’s try to be good to each other”
there is just to much bad. i’m tired of it.
my plan today: hug my kids, hold my husbands hand, smile more, bake cookies, eat a lot of pasta.
pasta helps. pasta always helps.
be good. be good to each other.
sausage and pepper over pasta
- 3 sweet sausage links
- 2 tbl canola oil
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 peppers sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic sliced
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- handful of fresh basil
- turn your oven onto broil and heat up. put your sausage on a cookie tray or broil proof dish. sprinkle with a pinch of salt, pepper and a tbl spoon of canola oil. broil sausage turning occasionally for about 7 minutes. take out of oven and let rest.
- meanwhile, slice onion, peppers and garlic. sauté in a big skillet in 1 tbl canola oil. season with a pinch of salt and red pepper flakes. mix and let cook until onion starts to turn a golden brown translucent color.
- while this is all happening slice sausage.
- turn the heat up, add sausage, wine and stock and reduce down to a quarter of what you originally started with.
- toss in pasta. throw on some basil. eat.