when i found out i was hosting a last minute feast last night i had about an hour or so to prepare.
let me stress this. an hour.
i had no plan.
a last minute trip to the store produced a pomegranate, fish for the vegetarians, a steak, mushrooms and a lime.
these people weren’t in for anything special. it was going to be a last minute free for all…and then this happened…
a quick salad full of herbs, cucumbers, scallions and pomegranate seeds.
a spin on a classic.
easy. a quick chop, a quick shake of the dressing. toss it all together. there you have it.
something a little different. something fun. and something i will be making at my next bbq.
cucumber pomegranate salad
- 1 large seedless cucumber
- 2 scallions
- handful of mixed herbs
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tbl cider vinegar
- 1 tbl honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1tsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- cut your cucumber in half then cut length wise. chop into half coins.
- clean and chop scallions and herbs (i used parsley, anise and dill).
- split pomegranate in half and dig out seeds.
- add all to a bowl and toss.
- add all dressing ingredients to a jar, shake and pour over salad. toss and let it rest for at least 20 minutes.