some days i cook out of my pantry. something quick, easy, that involves pasta…
i have staples. things i buy and save. you do too right?
you know short cuts. almost prepared items. stuff you just open and pour into a pot. items like olives, sardines (ew), corn, peas…or minced clams.
listen, sometimes you just gotta do with what you have. clean out the pantry. sometimes you buy things and think…hmm, quick meal. less work. where is my can opener.
and then you do it. and it’s good. it’s what you’ve been craving, it’s dinner using my pantry…
and of course, salad.
pantry clams in white wine sauce
- 1/2 pound of spaghetti
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 6.5 oz can of clams drained and washed
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- handful of fresh chopped parsley
this happens really fast…ready…
- boil water and start cooking pasta.
- as soon as you throw pasta in add oil to a sauté pan (big enough to hold all the pasta your cooking) and heat up. add garlic and sauté for about a minute, carefully add clam juice and wine, bring to a boil and reduce by 1/2.
- carefully throw in clams and parsley, toss and cook for a minute.
- drain pasta reserving some of the liquid. add pasta to sauté pan and toss, add about 1/2 cup of pasta water.
serve with bread and salad. trust me, a pantry meal you don’t want to miss.