i’ve been enjoying the 80 degree days, the 60 degree nights. i’ve been at the pool. i’ve been weeding gardens, i’ve been trying to grow grass…
i hung up new wind chimes that make me stop every time a breeze goes by. i’ve been working on last minute parties, i’ve been consumed with my little man learning to ride a bike.
i’ve been baking bread. i’ve been inspired by the tomatoes, greens, herbs, peaches at the market.
i don’t know about you but this summers been magical. i’ve watched my kids grow up. my little one learned to swim. my big one passed his deep water test and i’ve been watching him go up and down the water slide with his new friends followed by a cannon ball off the highest diving board.
it’s been a summer full of new found freedom. stillness, quiet…
it’s been a summer of new flavors, new places, new foods…
it’s been the summer of salads. the summer of peaches and the summer of tomatoes.
peach, tomato, beet and herb salad with a classic vinaigrette
- 2 peaches sliced
- 2 small beets roasted and sliced
- 2 tomatoes sliced plus a handful of cherry tomatoes
- a handful of basil and parsley
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 3 tsp cider vinegar
- 4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp zatar
- in a bowl combine all the vegetables, fruit and herbs. gently toss.
- in a jar combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard and zatar. shake. pour 3 tbl over salad (save the rest for dinner tomorrow).
this salad pairs fabulously with steak (trust me).
peach, tomato, beet together. sounds like a good salad choice combo.
Well said girl!