what more do i need to say…
it’s carrots. it’s coconut. it’s yum.
a little onion, a little garlic, 4 large carrots, some stock and a can of coconut milk. it can’t get any easier.
a little sauté, but mostly you just ignore it. for like 20 minutes. that’s like really easy.
and then you blend. blend away. day dream of sunny days, no rain, no snow.
and then you watch your family inhale every last spoonful. thankfully, you put aside some to photograph.
simple, easy, fragrant. sigh…perfect with grilled cheese.
so what are you waiting for?
carrot coconut soup
- 2 tbl canola oil
- 4 large carrots cleaned and chopped
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic roughly chopped
- 3 cups stock
- 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- to a pot add oil and sauté the onion, carrots and garlic for 10 minutes on a medium to low flame.
- slowly pour stock and coconut milk into the pot and mix.
- simmer for about 20 minutes or until carrots are soft. with an immersion blender, or a regular old blender, puree all the ingredients.
- taste, season with salt and pepper to bring out flavors.