i’ve been mia for a while…
it’s been a long couple of weeks…and i apologize.
so much has been happening. so many tests, so many doctor appointments, so much soreness. it’s hard to tell now what’s really going on.
for now, we are just sitting back, letting the doctors rule out the big things. taking it day by day.
the good news is, whatever is going on, it’s going to be taken care of. day by day i feel better, no one is sure if it’s my change in diet, to be honest, it’s to soon to tell. so for now, we are letting the doctors do the work and taking it easy.
i’m feeling more energetic, i’m feeling more awake, and happy. it’s weird to explain. so for now, a recipe. i’m thinking thanksgiving, i’m thinking stuffing, i’m thinking about good times with family.
being it’s squash season, and i can’t get enough of it, i’m testing out creative ways to feed my vegetarians and make everyone happy.
simple squash halved and stuffed with veg, herbs, your favorite bread (use that gluten free stuff, believe me, it works). flavorful, simple, and gosh, sweet and relish.
so what are you waiting for, make it for dinner, serve it for thanksgiving, eat it for lunch. smile and be happy. feed your belly with that good stuff. go on, go.
stuffed delicata squash
just a note: i’m still trying to figure out this gluten free thing. certain vodkas are not gluten free (i’ve been told to look for potato vodka). i’ve also been getting mixed messages on sherry and vermouth. if you have any answers, please do tell.
- 1 delicata squash split in half
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- 1 small apple chopped
- handful of dill and parsley chopped
- 1 tbl vermouth
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup veggie stock
- 1 tbl butter
- 4 sliced of GF bread (toasted and sliced in chunks)
- pre-heat your oven to 350.
- in a saute pan, melt butter and add onion, celery, apple and herbs. sauté for 5 minutes on a low to medium heat until the veg is and apple softens.
- add pinch of salt and pepper and then vermouth, cook 1 minute.
- add bread and stock, toss. taste for seasoning, add more salt or pepper as you see fit.
- stuff squash and place in a roasting dish. cover and cook for 45 minutes. uncover and cook for 5 minutes more.
sit back, eat and enjoy.